Types of DNA Dye
The DNA dye may be primarily of THREE types
- The dye that binds in the minor groove of DNA
- The dye that is intercalated within the base pair
Important features often the three types of DNA dyes are summarised in the image below.
Basic Requirements of a Good DNA Dye
• Dye should be specific to DNA.
• Dye should bind stoichiometric to the DNA content.
• Dye should show strong enhancement of fluorescence after binding with
JOIN our TELEGRAM and WhatsApp group for daily MCQs
SOME MCQS RELATED TO THE TOPIC
Leave a Reply